Apply for Scholarships
Applying for Columbus State scholarships is as easy as visiting cscc.edu/scholarships and completing one scholarship application. When you submit your scholarship application, Columbus State will:
- Review your scholarship application and match you with all Columbus State scholarships for which you meet the criteria.
- Forward your scholarship application to appropriate scholarship review committees.
- Alert you if additional information is needed for specific scholarships.
- Notify you of scholarships that you have been awarded.
- Scholarship application periods are usually within the 2-3 months before the beginning of a semester.
There are many ways to support impactful scholarships at Columbus State. You may give online by clicking the “Donate” button on this page or visit our Ways to Give page for information on a variety of giving options.
Create a Scholarship
Creating a scholarship at Columbus State is an excellent way to invest in education and make a lasting positive impact. Please contact us to discuss your options and how we can best assist our students with your generosity.
Types of Scholarships
An endowment established within the Columbus State Foundation provides a permanent source of funding to support the needs of the College and its students. As the principle of the endowment remains forever untouched, earnings from the fund are used to support programs, services or scholarships at Columbus State Community College forever in perpetuity.
Non-endowed or Immediate Use Scholarships
They are typically distributed in whole over a specific timeframe and replenished at the discretion of the donor. Unlike endowed funds, they do not exist in perpetuity; however, they can go to work immediately to provide scholarship or program support to Columbus State students.
First Generation Scholarship Fund
In 2013, Columbus State Community College President David Harrison and his wife Tracy Harrison created the First Generation Scholarship Fund. This fund supports students whose parents have not graduated from college.